SELF EMPIRE

Transforming your body, mind, and spirit

Name:
Location: Novato, CA

Friday, February 03, 2006

SRI AUROBINDO HUMOR

I always found this passage from a letter written by Sri Aurobindo to be pretty funny.
"One (not a disciple-I had no disciples in those days) asked me how to do Yoga. I said: "Make your mind quiet first." He did and his mind became quite silent and empty. Then he rushed to me saying: "My brain is empty of thoughts, I cannot think. I am becoming an idiot." He did not pause to look and see where these thoughts he uttered were coming from! Nor did he realise that one who is already an idiot cannot become one. Anyhow I was not patient in those days and I dropped him and let him lose his miraculously achieved silence."
On Himself The Experience Of Nirvana page 83

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home